Wednesday 3 October 2012

'A HISTORY OF...'//'DESIGN IDEA AND DEVELOPMENT'//OUGD504-SUMMER

An idea for my final graphic product when considering set, series and sequence is to use tea bags with letraset printed on them with lots of different tea facts joined to one big image to make a poster:

These are some photos with the latest transferred on to the tea bags:
I tried to find the most interesting facts and stats that would be quick and easy to read:
     
  



I don't think the poster worked as well as I wanted it to, the idea was something I really wanted to develop and thought using the tea bags with letraset would of looked good especially as I would be incorporating the actual tea bag in my work.  However, the writing wasn't very legible and for it to look impressive I thought I would need more than sixteen tea bags and each individual tea bag took too long to transfer the fact on to.

I have decided to focus on a different part of tea and tea culture for my final design, possibly something to do with Tea ceremonies or the health benefits of tea/ green tea/ herbal tea etc.  I thought about making a set of postcards with tea facts and information that would be offered as a set when buying a box of tea bags.  I feel this could be a good way of introducing tea and tea culture to the younger generation.  81 per cent of British adults drink tea but the number is declining due to the younger generation.

THIS IS THE FINAL PRINT (LEFT)
I think the idea was interesting but the final printed product didn't work the way I wanted to, I could possibly try on a larger scale or think of other interesting ways to transfer type onto tea bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment